Resources and Tools
In SNAP-Ed, use of evidence-based curricula helps us improve the effectiveness of our nutrition education interventions. Using the Lesson Observation Tool as a peer monitoring tool ensures that the curricula is being delivered as intended and the lesson is in compliance with USDA and UC requirements.
CATCH Lesson Observation Tool
- This tool provides a support structure for UC CalFresh staff to observe CATCH Champions and build capacity. It assesses the delivery of facilitated CATCH lessons and identifies useful feedback for educators and CATCH champions. Our goal is to support the delivery of the key components of CATCH to ensure high quality physical activity (PA) education practices among UC CalFresh county programs. This tool can be used by supervisors to observe educators and/or educators to observe CATCH champions, by the UC CalFresh State Office during site visits, and/or educators can ask their peers to review their CATCH lesson facilitation for informal feedback to support professional development. If you have any questions, please contact Angie Keihner (email@example.com).
- CATCH Lesson Observation Tool | Data Entry Portal
- Program Review Checklist
The Program Checklist assists Advisors, Program Supervisors/Managers and staff to ensure integrity and establishment of continuous quality improvement practices in SNAP-Ed programming. It is advised that a review of sections of this tool occur in staff meetings on a regular basis.
- The Extender Tip Sheet is an easy tool to use as an accompanying piece when providing curriculum to an extender. It is a reminder to nudge teachers, after school and other extenders to be mindful of the importance of curriculum fidelity in generating positive behavioral outcomes. Please consider walking through this tip sheet with your extender.
- Child Care Toolkit
- by Let's Move
- My Plate Kids Place
- MyPlate Kids Place provides online resources and tools for children to help them make healthier choices in a fun and appealing way.
- (Grades K-12) The mission of Agriculture in the Classroom is to increase awareness and understanding of agriculture among California's educators and students. You can find free or low-cost teacher-tested and scientifically sound classroom materials to enhance the educational experience of K-12 students including materials in Spanish, a “Gardens for Learning” resource guidebook, “Resources for Every Season” installable software that includes an entire collection of teacher resources, and a “Teacher Resource Guide” search engine to help you find more specific resources.
- Programs can receive a discount when ordering items from the UC ANR Catalog using this form.
- First order? Call 1-800-994-8849 or 530-400-0725 to setup your account.
- Payment can be made using credit or recharge account number. If using credit card be sure to write "credit card" in the Recharge Field.
- Email completed form to Masie Comtois at firstname.lastname@example.org