Town Hall Meeting Information, Presentations and Materials
The CalFresh Healthy Living, University of California State Office normally holds Town Hall Meeting webinars on a monthly basis. Town Halls are normally scheduled for the third Tuesday of every month from 12:30 to 2:00 PM. The discussion topics for these meetings typically cover policy and procedure, new curriculum roll-outs, program-related issues, and administrative updates. See the CalFresh Healthy Living, UC Training's and Meetings Calendar for details.
Town Hall Meeting Schedule PDF
Please click on the title of the Town Hall to access recordings and slides.
COVID-19 Updates: Communications and Resources, Telecommuting and Equipping Staff to Work Remotely
Presented by: Katie Panarella, Director, Nutrition, Family and Consumer Sciences Program & Policy, UC ANR; Kamal Khaira, Director, CalFresh Healthy Living, UC; and other members of the CalFresh Healthy Living, UC State Office team.
CalFresh Healthy Living, UC + UC ANR Branding Guide. And a Nutrition Spotlight: Red Meat and Processed Meat Recommendations Explained
Presented by: Linda Forbes, Director, UC ANR Strategic Communications; and Dr. Anna Jones, UC Davis Center for Nutrion in Schools.
Presented by: Katie Johnson, Advisor, CalFresh Healthy Living, UCCE Central Sierra; Wylie Skillman, Nutrition Educator, CalFresh Healthy Living, UCCE Central Sierra; Laura Vollmer, Policy Analyst, Nutrition Policy Institute, University of California.
Presented by: Kamaljeet Singh-Khaira, Director, CFHL, UC; Kelley Brian, CFHL, UC State Office; Anne Iaccopucci, Academic Coordinator for Healthy Living UC 4-H State Office; Brandon Louie, Community Engagement Coordinator, UC Davis Center for Regional Change; Paul Tabarez, Community Education Supervisor II, CalFresh Healthy Living, UCCE Imperial County; Chirs Wong, Community Education Specialist II, CalFresh Healthy Living, UCCE Imperial County.
Koa Family: Growing Health, Connection, and Thriving Communities. And CalFresh Healthy Living & UC ANR: Branding and Communications.
Presented by: Dr. Neal Kohatsu, UC Davis Health, Institute for Population Health Improvement and Center for Healthcare Policy and Research; Linda Forbes, Director, UC ANR Strategic Communications
UC Delivers Blog, Research to Improve Physical Education in California Elementary Schools, PA In Your FFY20-22 IWP
Presented by: Nilofar Gardezi, UC ANR; Hannah Thompson, UC Berkeley School of Public Health; Michele Byrnes, CalFresh Healthy Living, UC State Office
Presented by: Carolyn Rider, Nutrition Policy Institute; Amy DeLisio, Public Health Institute; Angie Keihner, CalFresh Healthy Living, UC State Office
Presented by: Missy Gable, UC ANR Master Gardeners, Asbury Jones, CDPH, and Alisa Olson, The Rescue Agency
Presented by: UC CalFresh State Office Staff
Presented by: UC CalFresh State Office Staff, Highlight Featuring: Shelly Heyes, CDSS, discussing SNAP-Ed LIA Forum Sessions and Speakers
Presented by: Jennifer Quigley, Barbara MkNelly, and other members of the UC CalFresh State Office
Presented by: Sonia Fernandez Arana & Tracy Mendez, Dairy Council of California; Featuring County Spotlight from Butte County and Santa Clara Counties
Presented by: UC CalFresh State Office Staff; Featuring County Spotlight from Shasta Cluster
Presented by: Nancy Xiong, UC Davis Center for Regional Change; Metria Munyan, Public Health Institute Center for Wellness and Nutrition, Carmela Padilla and Miranda Capriotti, UCCE Central Sierra, UC CalFresh and William Easlea, UCCE San Mateo/San Francisco, UC CalFresh
Presented by David Ginsburg and Kamaljeet Singh-Khaira, UC CalFresh State Office
Presented by Katie Panarella and Megan Marotta, UC ANR
Presented by UC CalFresh State Office Staff
Presented by Wedi Gosliner, Joyce Lee and UC CalFresh State Office
- Food Waste Prevention Week Website and Communication Guide
- Food Waste Prevention Week Posters and Banners
- LAUSD Press Release: New Law Allows Schools to Donate Food and Milk from Share Tables
- Bill SB-557 School Food Donation Bill
Presented by UC CalFresh State Office Staff
Fruit Juice in Infants, Children, and Adolescents: Current Recommendations
Town Hall Archives 2016-2017
- California Nutrition Incentive Program
- Partnering for Food System, Environmental, and Social Change
- Supporting Comprehensive Programming with Cafeteria Taste Tests/Food Promotions
- Inspiring Community Change: A Public Health SNAP-Ed Approach
- Physical Literacy and the Role Public Health Plays
- Local School Wellness Policy
- Supporting Youth Engagement with Maps & Data
- Catholic Charities of California
- Culturally-Sensitive Approaches to Nutrition Education Delivery
- Changes to the Nutrition Facts Label
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2015 - 2020
- Physical Activity Integration
- Collective Impact: The Calaveras County Experience
- Healthy Living Ambassador's Garden Program
- School Wellness Policy: Shannon Young, School Wellness Policy of California
- The Extender Model: Strategies to Make the Extender Model Work well in your County
- California Common Core: How UC CalFresh Curricula Supports the California Common Core Standards