CATCH - Coordinated Approach to Child Health
CATCH PACING GUIDES
Each CATCH Pacing Guide includes 10 unique lessons derived from the CATCH activity box. The primary goals of the Pacing Guide are to decrease lesson planning and prep time, reduce equipment challenges, and build efficacy among classroom teachers administering PE/PA. Please review the Best Practice document before administering the Pacing Guide.
CATCH PE 3-5 Grade Pacing Guide
CATCH K-2 Grade Pacing Guide
CATCH ECE Pacing Guide
The CATCH PE 3-5 Grade Pacing Guide Webinar
A 10 minute introduction to the Pacing Guide including how to use it, a detailed description of its components, and tips on implementation. Webinar Link
The State Office has provided an adult and youth step tracker in both English and Spanish in order to be used with pedometers and/or support other walking programs administered by UC CalFresh. Counties can add pictures and title of the walking program, but template should remain the same.
Adult Step Tracker
Youth Step Tracker
UC CalFresh Stencil & Mural Approval Process & Forms
- UC CalFresh Mural and/or Stencil Project Request Form
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Stencil Art Activities: A Grown Ups Guide (updated)
- How-To-Stencil Guide
- Step by step instructions
- Stencil Project Checklist
- 10 Tips for a Successful Stencil Project
How to use CATCH Activities with Playground Stencils
These resources will help educators and teachers combine CATCH activities with playground stencils, making CATCH more engaging and minimize the need for equipment. helping to add structured physical activity to the use of stencils.
- 2008 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans
- CDC Physical Activity
- CDC Comprehensive School Physical Activity Program (CSPAP)
- SNAP-Ed Toolkit Physical Activity
- National Physical Activity Plan
- National Center on Health, Physical Activity and Disability (NCHPAD)
- Surgeon Generals Call to Action: Step It Up!
- American Heart Association (AHA) Physical Activity
- CA SNAP-ED Physical Activity Resource Guide 2nd Ed
- Early Care and Education PA Activity Tool Kit
- Champions for Change Be Active
- PSE Resource Guide:
- SNAP-Ed Connection Physical Activity
- Joint/Shared Use
- Everyday PA Guide from the National Institute on Aging
School Site: This infographic is showcasing some of the activities that would commonly be delivered at a school site in order to increase opportunity for physical activity.
Community Site: This infographic is showcasing some the activities that would commonly be delivered at a community site in order to increase opportunity for physical activity.